Thursday 14 August 2014

Welcome To My Blog - Expect DIY Tips, Tricks & Hints

Hey there!

Welcome to my blog, the incredibly cleverly named, imDIYing (get it? i'm DIY-ing / i'm dying; it really is very clever). In case the name of my blog didn't make it very clear, I am not a fan of doing it myself. As a matter of fact I would much rather to pay some nice gentleman (or lady) to come over to my house and do it for me; but alas they tend to be expensive and I would rather spend what little money I am able to keep to myself on comics, lego and other things that my wife insists ought to belong to our son. 

Frankly I think she is being unfair, I mean our daughter may enjoy comics and lego too; girls can like that kinna stuff too, just like some boys enjoy tap dancing (Michael Flatley in the 1994 Eurovision song contest; just wow). I have told her to keep her rampant sexism in check, but she insists on being all "men do these things, women do these things, memememmememememe". 

This is actually part of the reason why I have decided to start blogging (something I promised myself I would never do), because you see, as a result of the aforementioned rampant sexism I have been - and still am being - practically forced into carrying out all sorts of DIY shenanigans. So please, consider this my place to vent and your place to laugh hysterically at my misfortune and the occasional mediocre witticism.

But no, I do intend to impart some actual knowledge on here, including DIY materials I have used, where I sourced them from, what I made (or tried to make) with them, and all sorts of other general DIY tips. Now i am sure that some people reading this will suddenly think to themselves "por qué?"! And its a good question, considering how much I A) dislike and B) suck at DIY why would I do a blog about DIY.

Well basically the reason why I would do this is because I am a real swell guy and I don't want others to suffer in the same way I have too....Also I have a tremendously sized ego and seek constant approval for even the smallest, most insignificant thing I achieve; and this seems like as good a way as any! I may also set up a DIY Pinterest board to further my reach, I really have not decided yet.

Anyway I have set this up at a good time as it will soon by DIY season at the Kord household, so please stay tuned and thanks for swinging by!   

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home